The role of the facilitator is to keep the process flowing: Get the group started, bring them back on track, remind them of deadlines, help them think out of the box and suggest methods and tools.
The facilitator is not suggesting ideas for the solution, but is constantly aware of the process and gently helps the group turn attention to their own work process. That includes suggesting a break when that is necessary to restore energy.
To-do list regarding facilitators
Identify need for facilitators – how many? For how long?
- Find potential facilitators.
- Arrange payment for facilitators.
- Arrange a pre-meeting with facilitators.
- Book accomodation and food for facilitators.
- Hand over teaching materials to facilitators at the camp.
- Keep in touch after each common session during the camp.
- Evaluate with facilitators.